Saturday, August 01, 2009

Surname Saturday: YORK



The YORK line is my paternal grandmother's biological paternal line (she was adopted). I've been able to trace her ancestry back another four generations before her, to my 4th-great-grandfather, Jeremiah F. YORK, I.

Stories and History:

The YORK Family History on my website.

Ahnentafel #80 - Jeremiah F. YORK, I (1791 - 1876) - AnceStory here

Ahnentafel #40 - John H. YORK (1823 - 1898) - biography in Portrait & Biographical Album of Genesee, Lapeer & Tuscola Counties (1892, Chapman Bros.)

Ahnentael #20 - James L. YORK (1867 - 1933) - AnceStory here

Ahnentael #10 - Howard Merkel YORK (1898 - 1945) - AnceStory here

Ahnentafel #5 - Jane Marie YORK, also known as Jeanne Marie HOLST (1924 - 2012)

Ahnentafel #2 - my father (living)

Ahnentafel #1 - myself

More about the YORK family:

1. Online database (I update this at least once a month): YORK ancestors and relatives (no info on living persons available)

2. Some YORK obituaries

3. Posts about YORK ancestors and relatives on this blog

4. Some scanned YORK documents

5. Some scanned YORK photos

6. My YORK Virtual Cemetery on Find A Grave


My YORK immigration trail:

Saratoga Co., NY > (Steuben Co., NY?) > Niagara area, Ontario, CAN > Ontario Co., NY > Niagara [became Erie] Co., NY > Genesee Co., MI > Kent Co., MI > Ottawa Co., MI > AK > Stevens Co., WA > Spokane Co., WA

No comments: