Friday, December 11, 2015

Friday Finds and Follows: 11 December 2015



Articles and posts that caught my eye:

My New Genealogy Follows at Twitter:

@CousinDetective, @ExtremeGenes, @My_History, @mycanvas, @FrugalGenealogy, @HistoricEngland, @FamilyHistoryUK, @OGSHamilton, @Omega_DNA, @asnjaart, @GSMD, @RootsBid, @familyhist2DAY


Genealogy Facebook Pages I've "Liked":
  • No new likes this week (I'm taking a hiatus from Facebook until after the New Year). Be sure to check out Katherine R. Willson's incredible Genealogy on Facebook list for more genealogy pages and groups.

Follow Me

Check out my websites:


Online Historical Directories 


Online Historical Newspapers

Pin It

2 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

I wanted to ask you a question. I'd like to publish a copy of my Family Tree to present to my daughter as a gift for her birthday. Ancestry will only publish partial family at a time, either maternal or paternal. I want the whole family together. Any suggestions?
Mary

Miriam Robbins said...

Have you thought about taking the information and copying it to Microsoft Word (or whatever your word processing program is)? Most genealogy software will create a narrative. I use RootsMagic, and it creates nice narratives that can be published as documents. Legacy Family Tree will do the same thing.

If all your information is online at an Ancestry tree, you can download it to your genealogy software, and then create the narratives from the program. You can print it up and either put it in a bind, or take it to an office store (like Office Depot) and have it comb-bound or spiral bound. You can also upload it to a website like Lulu.com, which will book-bind it (a bit more expensive).

Best of luck!